Today I am sharing a roundup of my families favorite quick weeknight meal ideas for those nights when everyone is hungry, cranky, and tired after a long day at work, daycare, or school. These recipes and meal ideas come together in minutes, providing your family with a healthy, hearty meal in no time at all.
Quick Weeknight Meal Ideas: Go To Recipes
- One Pot Turkey Sausage Tortellini Soup This is a favorite recipe in our house, everyone enjoying it including my toddler! It is jam packed with veggies and totally customizable! Try it with ground chicken instead of turkey sausage, and serve with a big hunk of crusty bread on the side! YUM!
- Instant Pot Salsa Chicken If you have an Instant Pot, or even a slow cooker (set on low for about 8 hours I’d guess), I definitely recommend this recipe for busy weeknights! It comes together in about 30 minutes and is great in taco shells, with rice, or on a salad! My husband has even thrown it on top of Annie’s Mac and Cheese and is a BIG fan!
- One Pot Cheesy Turkey Taco Chili Mac I love all SkinnyTaste recipes and this one is no different! It is super filling for a cold winter night and it’s made in one pan! Nothing can beat that!
- The Easiest Chicken Fajitas These are great for Sunday meal prep because you can chop all the veggies before hand then just toss together the ingredients when you get home during the week.
- One Pan Mexican Quinoa A great meatless one pan meal packed with tons of protein, or add in some chicken, tofu, or grilled steak if you would like!
Side note…it seems I have a slight obsession with Mexican food based off of our fav recipes! My husband and I have about 5 different hot sauces in our fridge at any given time and we love to spice up all of our meals.
Quick Weeknight Meal Ideas: No Recipe Needed
- Brinner (Breakfast for dinner)
It takes only a few minutes to scramble up some eggs and throw some bread in the toaster. If your feeling adventurous, chop up some onions and broccoli or throw in leftover veggies from dinner the night before to amp up your scramble. My husband does’t love pancakes <—- how?! but thats always a great option too!
- Egg Bakes:
This deserves a recipe post of its’ own but basically, buy frozen hash brown patties and lay in a casserole dish. Dice some veggies (peppers, onions, broccoli, zucchini, whatever you have on hand) and place on top of hash browns. Beat 8-10 eggs and add to casserole dish and bake in the oven at 375 degrees until set. This is a great recipe to sneak veggies into my son (or husband)!
Easy peasy. I always have pasta and a jar of sauce on hand and if we are lucky, a package of ground turkey/beef/pork in the freezer. Boil the water while cooking up the ground meat and dinner comes together in about 20 minutes. Serve on its’ own or with some steamed, frozen veggies on the side.
- Frozen Pizza/english muffin pizza
- Takeout! Yup. We eat takeout once per week, typically on Friday when I am over cooking and looking for something delicious.
What are your favorite quick weeknight dinner ideas and recipes?