I was recently tagged by Chelsea at The French Lemon to participate in the #RockingMotherhood Challenge. Thanks so much for tagging me, Chelsea! The purpose of the Rocking Motherhood Challenge is to encourage moms to notice all the good things they are doing from day to day. So often we get wrapped up in comparing ourselves to others or feeling like we aren’t doing enough when in fact even the little things count!
Today I am sharing my reasons why I am rocking motherhood.
Ten Reasons I Am Rocking Motherhood
- I always play with my son. Whether I get down on the floor and play or sing him silly songs while he eats, I make sure to always engage him.
- I cook for him. Sometimes he gets banana zucchini pancakes, other times he gets carrot cake. It’s fun watching him explore new flavors, healthy or not!
- I read to him every day.
- I take him outside and let him get dirty.
- I let him fight his own battles. When our son tantrums we let him work through it on his own rather then running to him and giving him whatever he wants. It will help him learn to manage things on his own.
- I dont harp on the little things. Sure, L annoys me when he makes a mess, drops his food on the ground over and over, or gets spaghetti sauce in my hair. But, this is life with a kid! Kids are messy!
- I tell my son I love him. I must say it 50 times per day but I will never forget to tell L I love him!
- I take time for myself and my husband, making sure to focus on our relationship and not just be mom and dad all the time.
- I allow him to play and explore on his own, encouraging him to be independent.
- I teach L to be kind, say please and thank you, and care for others.