Summer is hands down my favorite season ever. If I could move to a climate that never dips below 60 degrees I’d be the happiest girl ever! But since we live in Boston and weather is always wacky and unpredictable I try my hardest to make the most of it and get everything checked off my summer bucket list each and every year!
This year our summer is busy, and a bit slow as well. We have family visiting in July and a few weddings to attend but our weekend plans are mostly free, for now! So I decided to write up a list of all the things we want to do this summer and share it with you!
2017 Summer Bucket List:
- Get To The Beach As Much As Possible. I grew up in a tiny coastal beach town on the North Shore of Massachusetts and spent each and every summer coated in sand and rocking the perfect tan. Since moving away and having L those beach days have happened less and less. My dad and step mom still live up in that tiny town and we have a free place to stay where others pay big money to vacation, we need to take advantage of it! I hope L loves it just as much as I do!
- A beach day with my girlfriends. Sunshine, sangria, and my girlfriends… nothing better!
- Grow A Patio Garden. Living in a small condo with minimal outdoor space a garden is a tough thing to do but after scouring Pinterest I’ve found plenty of great ideas for container gardens! I’d love to grow some fresh cucumbers, tomatoes, zucchini, and some lettuce if possible! I’ve been researching ideas and these are a few of my faves in case your interested as well! How To Plant A Personal Garden In A Small Urban Space and Your Balcony Garden.
- Hiking And Exploring New Areas.
- Weekend trips to Portland, Maine and Newport, Rhode Island. these two towns hold some of my favorite memories with my husband from before we had L. We are hoping to visit at least one for a short weekend getaway with L! Time at the beach, lobster rolls, and relaxing! Or just chasing a toddler all around.
- Ice cream, all the ice cream!
- Visit the Children’s Museum in Boston on a rainy day. I think L would LOVE the Children’s Museum! And probably so much more then when we tried the aquarium because there are activities designed for his age group and room to run and explore. Perfect for a rainy summer day.
- Shop At The Farmer’s Market. I love a good farmer’s market filled with fresh, beautiful produce and flowers. I could stroll around sipping an iced coffee, snacking on a delicious baked goodie, and looking at all the different booths for a full morning! This year our little town is getting it’s first farmer’s market and I can’t wait to go!
- Read 3 New Books. I have been struggling SO badly to stay awake at night when I go to read! I am still trying to get into Big Little Lies and I have a few others on my reading list as well! I need to make it an effort to slow down, relax, and read during the day sometimes!
- Make S’mores. This is a must do. I haven’t had a s’more in years and L has never had one so I’m determined this summer! Maybe this weekend!
- Grill all the foods.
- Most Important: Enjoy Time With My Family.