Hey all! Happy Friday! I hope you’ve had a great week and it flew by super fast! The beginning of the week felt super long and slow for me but yesterday absolutely flew by! Always happens like that on days off, right?! This weekend we are planning to spend time with family, traveling up to visit my dad and step mom tomorrow and then Sunday (Mother’s Day) will be spent enjoying breakfast in bed, a trip to church with my MIL, and a nice barbecue with my husbands side of the family! I’m super excited to see everyone and for L to get to spend it with so many people he loves!
In honor of Mother’s Day this weekend I thought it’d dedicate my Friday favorites post to all the things I love about being a mom! Okay, maybe not all of them, but some of the best things!
Things I Love About Being A Mom
- True love: seriously, is there any greater love then being a mom? My love for L, his love for me. THE BEST.
- The outfits: shopping for a kid is so much fun! I never thought I’d like buying boy clothes as much as I do.
- Someone to share treats with, like all the ice cream. Because when I buy it for him and steal a bite, the calories never count!
- Someone to always make me laugh
- Little hands feeding me Cheerios over and over
- Messy yogurt hand prints covering my clothes
- Watching first experiences through my childs’ eyes
- Doing anything to make him smile, like crazy dancing and singing
- Feeling needed in the best way possible
- Making all L’s problems go away with a simple hug and kiss on the head
- A best friend who is happy going with the flow of each day, wether it be hanging at home, running errands or taking a long walk.
- The drive to be a better person and set a good example each and every day
- The mischevous grins
- Belly laughs
- The pride he gets showing me a new trick
- The silly things he tries to copy, like jumping when his feet can barely lift off the ground
- Ridiculous temper tantrums
- That motherhood has taught me to relax, not sweat the little things, and go with the flow
- Seeing his love for others and animals
Honestly, this is just the start of it. There is SO MUCH that I love about motherhood, and despite how much I may complain about it sometimes, I wouldn’t change my life for anything. Becoming a mother has been the best thing to ever happen to me and I look forward to each and every day to watch my son grow, learn, and change. I dread waking up Monday morning to head off to work leaving him behind. Even though I enjoy being a working mom, it doesn’t make leaving my best friend for 11 hours a day any easier.
So this weekend I plan to enjoy every moment with my little family and getting spoiled from my guys. Getting spoiled because I GET to be a mom to this amazing boy. Really, thats all I need, but I’ll happily take coffee and breakfast in bed. 🙂
What do you love about being a mom? If your not a mom yet, any ideas what are you most looking forward to?
Enjoy this weekend and any Mother’s Day celebrations you may have! Xoxo Annie